I hold an MS in Education from Dominican University and an MFA in Fiction from the Rainer Writing Workshop. I have spent over twenty years as a high school English, Creative Writing, and theatre teacher. I also earned a college advising certification from UCSD, and have worked as both a private college consultant and as a public school college adviser. In 2005, I was one of the founding members of the College and Career Center at Forest Charter School.
I have also served as guest faculty/author at a variety of festivals and conferences including the Bay Area Book Festival, the Squaw Valley Community of Writers, the Sierra Writers Conference, the Book Passage YA/MG Conference, the Sierra Poetry Festival, and dozens of author panels, library, and private writing workshops.
Most importantly, though, the sum of my experience so far has allowed me to understand the importance of nurturing each writer’s process. As a writing consultant (whether for a general publishing consultation, a full manuscript, or a college essay), my job is to support each writer’s individual goals as well as locate and amplify a writer’s voice. At the end of the day, I am here to help make your work the best version of what you want it to be, not what I want it to be. It is a simple, yet crucial, distinction.
If this sounds like a potentially good match for you, check out what I have to offer and email me with any questions:
Single Session project consultation: $100/hr for phone conference
(This could include questions about publishing options, how to write a query letter/get an agent, or it could simply be a general conversation about your project.)
- Feedback on 10 double-spaced pages during phone call, $35
- Feedback on 30 double-spaced pages during phone call, $100
Full Manuscript consultation: $1000
Includes: Full developmental editorial letter for complete manuscript + one hour phone call to review questions about notes
For revisions or further notes, please see single session fees
The College Essay
I draw from more than twenty years of experience as a college advisor and as a published novelist to zero in on the college essay’s specific kind of storytelling. When coaching students on their essays, I aim to provide feedback that allows each student to find a balance of voice and topic so their college essay clearly showcases their uniqueness in their own words.
- Read and provide notes on 1 full-length essay OR up to 3 short answer essays, includes a 30 minute post-reading phone consultation: $100
- Pre-reading 30 minute phone consultation, essay notes, and post-reading 30 minute essay consultation for 1 full-length essay OR up to 3 short answer essays, plus review of essay(s) post-notes once to see revisions and provide any additional notes: $200
- OR – if you have a specific set of essay needs, we can work out an individualized plan: fee TBD
Make a Payment
You can pay for any of these services here.
Please make sure to email with me regarding your project before submitting payment to determine availability.